Where Am I?
There’s a really good chance that I might die in the next two days, so with that in mind, I decided it might be time to write another blog post.
Alright, put down the champagne glasses. There’s a significant possibility I’ll live to tell the tale (and what a tale it will be!). Maybe I won’t die. But I don’t know that I won’t. (And isn’t risk so sexy?) I’m planning to scooter from Pai to Chiang Mai — a 140 km, 3-4 hour drive that makes its way perilously over and beyond a scenic but windy mountain — and everyone who knows someone who has done the same trip exclaims that everyone they know has gotten into a serious accident. But all the people who’ve actually done the trip say it’s fine, so I’m throwing caution to the wind and hoping that I won’t be as well.
I realized that most of you don’t actually know where I am, a fact that I was reminded of when my parents sent me an email asking if I were still in Vietnam when I was three days deep in Laotian New Year festivities. So here’s the breakdown:
- Bangkok, Thailand: March 2 – 5
- Koh Chang, Thailand: March 6 – 9
- Siem Reap, Cambodia: March 10 – 14
- Kampot, Cambodia: March 15 – 19
- Sihanoukville, Cambodia: March 19 – 21
- Koh Rong, Cambodia: March 21 – 25
- Sihanoukville, Cambodia: March 25 – 26
- Kep, Cambodia: March 26 – 28
- Saigon, Vietnam: March 28 – 29
- Da Lat, Vietnam: March 29 – April 1
- Hoi An, Vietnam: April 2 – 5
- Phong Nha, Vietnam: April 5 – 7
- Ha Long Bay, Vietnam: April 7 – 10
- Hanoi, Vietnam: April 10 – 11
- Luang Prabang, Laos: April 12 – 18
- Vang Vieng, Laos: April 18 – 24
- Luang Prabang, Laos: April 24 – 26
- Chiang Mai, Thailand: April 26 – April 30
- Pai, Thailand: April 30 – May 5
For now, I must go. The road awaits! And I have to slide down some waterfalls on the way. So I’ll keep the rest of the stories and adventures for a later time; and if I don’t make it out alive, just remember that I love you. 🙂